Pompeo blamed Iran for what he called a “blatant assault” that caused explosions aboard two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, again raising tensions in the region.
Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo on Thursday blamed Iran for what he called a “blatant assault” that caused explosions aboard two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, again raising tensions in the region.
The apparent attacks spurred worldwide condemnation and calls to deescalate tension in the region and between Iran and the United States.“I strongly condemn any attack against civilian vessels. Facts must be established, and responsibilities clarified,” U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said in a U.N. Security Council meeting on cooperation with the Arab League. “If there is something the world cannot afford, it is a major confrontation in the [Persian] Gulf region.
On Thursday morning, the two ships were sailing in international waters when they suffered apparent attacks that led to explosions on board.
Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes
Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.
Iran responsible for attack on two tankers in Gulf of Oman: PompeoJUST IN: Sec. of State Mike Pompeo: 'It is the assessment of the United States government that the Islamic Republic of Iran is responsible for the attacks that occurred in the Gulf of Oman today.'
Consulte Mais informação »
Iran responsible for attack on two tankers in Gulf of Oman: PompeoSecretary of State Mike Pompeo on Thursday said Iran is responsible for the attack on two commercial tanker ships sailing in international waters in the Gulf of Oman earlier in the day. 'It is the assessment of the United States government that the Islamic Republic of Iran is responsible for the
Consulte Mais informação »
Oil tankers attacked again in Gulf of Oman amid Iran-U.S. tensionsTwo oil tankers near the Strait of Hormuz were damaged in suspected attacks, an assault that left one ablaze and adrift as sailors were evacuated from both vessels and the U.S. Navy rushed to assist amid heightened tensions between Washington and Tehran.
Consulte Mais informação »
Oil surges after report of tanker incident in Gulf of Oman near IranOil prices surged on Thursday after a unit of the United Kingdom's Royal Na...
Consulte Mais informação »
Two tankers attacked in Gulf of Oman, US not ruling out Iran is responsibleTwo commercial tanker ships hit by apparent attacks in international waters in Gulf of Oman. While a U.S. official says it's too soon to make a determination whether Iran was responsible, the official adds, 'We’re not ruling anything out at this time.”
Consulte Mais informação »