Two tankers attacked in Gulf of Oman, US not ruling out Iran is responsible

Brasil Notícia Notícia

Two tankers attacked in Gulf of Oman, US not ruling out Iran is responsible
Brasil Últimas Notícias,Brasil Manchetes
  • 📰 ABC
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 40 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 51%

Two commercial tanker ships hit by apparent attacks in international waters in Gulf of Oman. While a U.S. official says it's too soon to make a determination whether Iran was responsible, the official adds, 'We’re not ruling anything out at this time.”

Two commercial tanker ships were hit by apparent attacks on Thursday while sailing in international waters in the Gulf of Oman, and while a U.S. official said that it was too soon to make a determination if Iran was responsible, the official said"we’re not ruling anything out at this time.”

U.S. officials have publicly blamed Iran for explosive sabotage attacks in mid-May against four commercial vessels off the coast of the United Arab Emirates. The MT Kokuka Courageous was first to issue a distress call and its crew of 21 mariners abandoned ship. At the time of the attack the ship had been transiting through the Gulf of Oman in international waters, close to Iran.

The Seoul-based Hyundai Merchant Marine Co. confirmed in a statement that its ship the Hyundai Dubai had rescued the 23 mariners from the MT Front Altair and then turned them over to an Iranian rescue boat. Prior to that attack there had been sightings of about 20 Iranian fast attack vessels moving through the Strait of Hormuz to the general area where those attacks occurred, said the U.S. official.

Resumimos esta notícia para que você possa lê-la rapidamente. Se você se interessou pela notícia, pode ler o texto completo aqui. Consulte Mais informação:

ABC /  🏆 471. in US

Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes

Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.

Two oil tankers struck in suspected attacks in Gulf of OmanTwo oil tankers struck in suspected attacks in Gulf of OmanUS Navy says it is assisting two oil tankers targeted in a 'reported attack' in Gulf of Oman. An Oil tanker owned by Norway's Frontline struck by a torpedo off the coast of Fujairah in the UAE, shipping newspaper Tradewinds cites unnamed sources.
Consulte Mais informação »

Two vessels struck in apparent attack in Gulf of OmanTwo vessels struck in apparent attack in Gulf of OmanTwo tankers were apparently attacked in the Gulf of Oman Thursday, less than a month after four other ships were struck in the region.
Consulte Mais informação »

Two oil tankers struck in suspected attacks in Gulf of Oman: shipping firmsTwo oil tankers struck in suspected attacks in Gulf of Oman: shipping firmsUPDATE: Two oil tankers hit in suspected attacks in the Gulf of Oman by LisaBarrington Rania_ElGamal
Consulte Mais informação »

Oil tankers 'attacked' in Gulf of Oman off Iran; US Navy respondingOil tankers 'attacked' in Gulf of Oman off Iran; US Navy responding
Consulte Mais informação »

Oil surges after report of tanker incident in Gulf of Oman near IranOil surges after report of tanker incident in Gulf of Oman near IranOil prices surged on Thursday after a unit of the United Kingdom's Royal Na...
Consulte Mais informação »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 14:03:23