Plácido Domingo withdraws from Met Opera after harassment reports

Brasil Notícia Notícia

Plácido Domingo withdraws from Met Opera after harassment reports
Brasil Últimas Notícias,Brasil Manchetes
  • 📰 latimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 12 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 8%
  • Publisher: 82%

Breaking: Plácido Domingo has agreed to withdraw from all future performances at the Metropolitan Opera following accusations of sexual harassment

The 78-year-old classical music star had been scheduled to sing the title role in the season debut of Verdi’s “Macbeth” on Wednesday night, which would have been his first performance in the United States since the reports.

Domingo had sung in rehearsals, and the Met had said as late as Monday that he was scheduled to perform Wednesday. The company says in a statement “The Met and Mr. Domingo are in agreement that he needed to step down.”

Resumimos esta notícia para que você possa lê-la rapidamente. Se você se interessou pela notícia, pode ler o texto completo aqui. Consulte Mais informação:

latimes /  🏆 11. in US

Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes

Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.

Domingo withdraws from Met Opera after harassment reportsDomingo withdraws from Met Opera after harassment reportsNEW YORK (AP) — Plácido Domingo has agreed to withdraw from all future performances at the Metropolitan Opera following accusations of sexual harassment made by women in a pair of reports by The...
Consulte Mais informação »

Labor union hosting anti-harassment training in wake of Placido Domingo allegationsLabor union hosting anti-harassment training in wake of Placido Domingo allegationsAGMA is hosting a harassment training forum in Los Angeles in the wake of allegations against opera star Placido Domingo, who serves as general director of the LA Opera.
Consulte Mais informação »

Placido Domingo Preparing for U.S. Performances Amid Sexual Harassment AllegationsPlacido Domingo Preparing for U.S. Performances Amid Sexual Harassment AllegationsWhen opera superstar Placido Domingo appeared in Europe last month after being accused of sexual harassment by multiple women, his performances were greeted with rapturous ovations.
Consulte Mais informação »

Why Is a Man With 20 Harassment Allegations Still Performing at the Met?Why Is a Man With 20 Harassment Allegations Still Performing at the Met?Plácido Domingo has been accused of sexual misconduct by 20 women, but he's still scheduled to star in Verdi’s Macbeth, opening Wednesday at the Metropolitan Opera
Consulte Mais informação »

How Gretchen Carlson Is Fighting To End Workplace Sexual HarassmentHow Gretchen Carlson Is Fighting To End Workplace Sexual HarassmentOne year after leaving Fox News amid claims of sexual harassment, Carlson has dedicated herself to fighting sexual harassment and strengthening women.
Consulte Mais informação »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 10:02:47