Rescue workers have been digging survivors out of the rubble of a theatre which was reportedly bombed in a Russian airstrike in the besieged Ukrainian city of Mariupol, according to officials
Why you can trust Sky News
Prior to Wednesday's attack, up to 1,000 men, women and children were thought to have taken shelter in the Drama Theatre's basement seeking safety from the onslaught by President Vladimir Putin's forces. Mariupol has suffered the worst humanitarian catastrophe of the three-week war, with hundreds of thousands of civilians trapped in basements with no food, water or power.Ukraine's ombudswoman Ludmyla Denisova said on the Telegram messaging app:"The building withstood the impact of a high-powered air bomb and protected the lives of people hiding in the bomb shelter.""People are coming out alive," Mr Taruta wrote on Facebook, though he did not say how many.
Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes
Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.
CNN+ enters the streaming business at a newsy momentSince Russia invaded Ukraine, cable-news channels’ audience share in America has nearly doubled, to 12%
Consulte Mais informação »
Ukraine war: Couple share dangerous escape from Mariupol - as rescue workers continue digging for survivors after theatre attackA couple have shared their harrowing escape from Mariupol, which has suffered the worst humanitarian catastrophe of the Ukraine war so far. Kristina Dzholas said she felt lucky to be able to escape with her family. Read more:
Consulte Mais informação »
Ukrainians evacuate Mariupol after Russian airstrikes – videoLong queues of cars left the Ukrainian city of Mariupul after a devastating Russian attack
Consulte Mais informação »
Ukraine news live: Russia has sent 150,000 troops across border, US says - as survivors emerge from bombed Mariupol theatre'There is hysteria in Russia at the moment. It's difficult to get through to people', says exiled Russian businessman, Mikhail Khodorkovsky. He adds he is 'upset' about the way sanctioned oligarchs have behaved, but expected them to be 'greedy'. Rigby
Consulte Mais informação »
Arnold Schwarzenegger appeals to Russian people to reject Kremlin misinformationFormer California governor, 74, calls on Putin to stop attack on Ukraine and says ‘this is not the Russian people’s war’
Consulte Mais informação »