Trump appeared to look for a way to ease the latest tensions, saying “diplomacy is never exhausted” and that he was in “no rush” to decide on a response.
President Trump said Monday that it appears Iran was behind air attacks on two major Saudi Arabian oil facilities, but he emphasized that he wants to avoid a new Middle East war even as he stressed that the U.S. military is ready for action.
— scrambled to present options to the president as intelligence agencies reviewed satellite photos and other data to try to confirm the source of the attack, which U.S. officials believe involved explosives-laden drones and possibly cruise missiles. Trump said the U.S. would help Saudi Arabia, but he was equivocal when pressed about the possibility of authorizing military action.“If we decide to do something, they’ll be very much involved, and that includes payment,” he added. “And they understand that fully.”
Trump’s approach to Iran, like most of his foreign policy, has veered between confrontational to conciliatory. Trump had already appeared to back away as well, tweeting Sunday that “the Fake News is saying that I am willing to meet with Iran, ‘No Conditions.’ That is an incorrect statement .”
Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes
Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.
Trump suggests Iran is lying about not striking Saudi oil facilities — 'We'll see?'President Donald Trump signaled Iran is not telling the truth about the drone attacks on Saudi Arabia's largest oil facilities.
Consulte Mais informação »
Trump suggests Iran responsible for Saudi oil attackPresident Trump hinted at potential new evidence that could prove Iran was behind a series of drone attacks in Saudia Arabia that struck the heart of its oil production
Consulte Mais informação »
Trump edges closer to blaming Iran for Saudi oil attackDonald Trump today said that “certainly it would look” like Iran was behind a series of drone attacks in Saudia Arabia that struck the heart of its oil production. It's the closest he’s gotten yet to placing outright blame on Tehran for the strikes
Consulte Mais informação »
U.S. points at Iran in Saudi oil strike; Tehran denies allegations and rejects Trump talksGlobal energy prices rise after attack on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia, and President Trump warns that the U.S. is 'locked and loaded' to respond.
Consulte Mais informação »
U.S. blames Iran for Saudi attacks, 'pretend' diplomacyU.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Saturday accused Iran of leading attacks ...
Consulte Mais informação »