Trump announced Sunday: 'I have just given an order for our National Guard to start the process of withdrawing from Washington, D.C., now that everything is under perfect control'
"They will be going home, but can quickly return, if needed," the president tweeted Sunday, after revealing that now that"everything is under perfect control," the National Guard can start the process of withdrawing.
Dozens of National Guard troops from South Carolina were seen checking out of their Washington, D.C., hotel shortly before President Donald Trump tweeted he was giving the order to withdraw guard forces from the nation’s capital. The troops sipped coffee from an adjacent Starbucks and smoked cigarettes Sunday morning as they awaited buses to take them to the airport for a flight home.
Trump ordered guard troops into D.C. to "dominate” the streets after some protests over the killing of George Floyd turned violent. The city’s mayor called on Trump last week to withdraw outside forces amid days of largely peaceful protests. I have just given an order for our National Guard to start the process of withdrawing from Washington, D.C., now that everything is under perfect control. They will be going home, but can quickly return, if needed. Far fewer protesters showed up last night than anticipated!
Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes
Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.
National Guard member removed from mission after expressing white supremacist ideology onlineProtests following the death of George Floyd, a black man who pleaded that he couldn't breathe while he was held down with a knee by a former Minneapolis police officer, have spread nationwide. Follow here for the latest updates.
Consulte Mais informação »
New hotel found for Utah National Guard troops in DC after billing disputeUtah National Guard troops operating in the nation's capital have a new hotel, after an apparent billing dispute led to their eviction.
Consulte Mais informação »
Ohio Gov. DeWine says Ohio National Guard member suspended for expressing white supremacist views“Anyone who displays a malice toward specific groups of Americans has no place in the Ohio National Guard,' Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said.
Consulte Mais informação »