The Supreme Court said Friday morning that 73-year-old Justice Clarence Thomas had been released from a hospital stay.
The court said Sunday that Thomas had been admitted to Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington on Friday after experiencing “flu-like symptoms,” and he was diagnosed with an infection. His"symptoms are abating," and he was expected to be released Monday or Tuesday, the court said in a statement at the time. But on Wednesday morning, court spokeswoman Patricia McCabe said she had no update to provide, and he remained hospitalized until Friday morning.
The court heard arguments Wednesday morning and Chief Justice John Roberts said, as he has for the past two days, that while Thomas was not present he would participate in the case by reviewing the arguments’ transcript and briefs. Roberts said Thomas was “unable to be present today" without explanation.
Thomas did not have COVID-19 and his infection was being treated with intravenous antibiotics, the court has said.
Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes
Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.
Biden Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson grilled in hearingThe moment came during a tense exchange with Senator Marsha Blackburn who pressed Jackson on sex and gender issues amid the fallout over Lia Thomas
Consulte Mais informação »
Ted Cruz called a 'bigger p***k' following Supreme Court hearing tantrumSen.Ted Cruz (R-TX) got called a 'bigger p***k' by Hellboy actor Ron Perlman after he threw a tantrum during the hearing for Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson.On Tuesday, Cruz questioned Jackson on the 'critical race theory.' He asked about her role as a board member at Georgetown Day Scho...
Consulte Mais informação »
Millie Court teases fans on Instagram with her new collection for ASOSLove Island winner Millie Court gives fans some behind the scenes snaps of her LA trip where she has been shooting her latest campaigns for her new collection with ASOS
Consulte Mais informação »
Johnny Depp loses court ruling over Amber Heard libel defence planDepp’s lawyers had sought to prevent his ex-wife from claiming she should not be sued over an op-ed piece in the Washington Post
Consulte Mais informação »
Carl Woods faces trial as he pleads not guilty in courtCarl Woods has pleaded not guilty to the charge of using threatening, abusive behaviour under section four of the Public Order Act
Consulte Mais informação »
Sir Frederick Barclay relying on nephews to fund divorce battle, court hearsBarclay has not yet paid any of the £100m due to Lady Hiroko Barclay and halved her monthly allowance
Consulte Mais informação »