An oil tanker linked to an Israeli billionaire came under attack off the coast of Oman in the Arabian Sea, authorities said, an assault that killed two crew members. Zodiac Maritime said the two killed were from the United Kingdom and Romania.
The attack Thursday night targeted Liberian-flagged oil tanker Mercer Street just northeast of the Omani island of Masirah. The location is over 300 kilometers southeast of Oman’s capital, Muscat.
London-based Zodiac Maritime, part of Israeli billionaire Eyal Ofer’s Zodiac Group, issued a statement saying the ship was the Liberian-flagged oil tanker Mercer Street and was Japanese owned. The British Defense Ministry earlier misidentified the ship’s owners. Satellite tracking data from MarineTraffic.com showed the vessel had been near where British officials said the attack occurred. However, the last signal the ship sent came early Friday morning.
Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes
Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.
Oman extends nightly COVID-19 lockdownOman on Thursday extended a nightly lockdown to contain the spread of the coronavirus, with movement and commercial activities to be restricted between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. until further notice, the government said.
Consulte Mais informação »
Israeli troops fire at Palestinians protesting boy's killingIsraeli troops use violence on angry Palestinians protesting killing of 12-year-old boy by Israeli soldiers in occupied West Bank, wounding over a dozen people, many with gunshots
Consulte Mais informação »
Israeli troops fire at Palestinians protesting boy's killing, one deadTwenty-year-old Palestinian killed, more than a dozen others wounded in protests during funeral of 12-year-old boy shot dead by Israeli troops in occupied West Bank, Palestinian officials say.
Consulte Mais informação »
The Lord of the Rings trilogy nearly killed off hobbit - but which one?It has recently been revealed that studios were keen to see one of the beloved hobbit characters killed off
Consulte Mais informação »
Palestinian boy killed by Israeli gunfire in West Bank, officials sayA 12-year-old Palestinian boy has died after being shot by Israeli soldiers in the West Bank, the Palestinian Ministry of Health said.
Consulte Mais informação »
Oman extends nightly COVID-19 lockdownOman on Thursday extended a nightly lockdown to contain the spread of the coronavirus, with movement and commercial activities to be restricted between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. until further notice, the government said.
Consulte Mais informação »