PG&E won court approval of its $13.5 billion settlement with fire victims. California's governor said he won't stand in the way of the deal.
PG&E Corp. won court approval for a $13.5 billion settlement with victims of fires linked to its equipment but the utility said it expects talks to continue with California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who last week said its bankruptcy-exit plan falls short of needed reforms.
The pact with fire victims is the third and largest in a series of settlements aimed at putting a lid on damage claims from a series of blazes in recent years that left people dead, destroyed homes and businesses and plunged PG&E into bankruptcy in January.
Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes
Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.
Elizabeth Warren seeks answers from the Fed, FDIC on $28 billion SunTrust-BB&T merger approvalElizabeth Warren earlier this month sent a letter to Federal Reserve and the FDIC, questioning regulators' approval of the largest bank deal since the financial crisis.
Consulte Mais informação »
Roche clears UK hurdle in $4.3 billion Spark deal, U.S. review drags onSwiss drugmaker Roche won clearance from Britain's Competition and Markets ...
Consulte Mais informação »
China's CCCC, Philippines' Macroasia win $10 billion airport projectChina Communications Construction Co Ltd (CCCC) and Philippine partn...
Consulte Mais informação »
LogMeIn to be acquired by private equity affiliates in $4.3 billion dealLogMeIn Inc. said Tuesday that it has entered into an agreement to be acquired by private-equity affiliates in an all-cash deal valued at about $4.3 billion....
Consulte Mais informação »
Hyundai's $1.8 billion deal with Daewoo hits EU antitrust hurdleWorld No. 1 shipbuilding group Hyundai Heavy Industries Holdings Co Ltd's |...
Consulte Mais informação »