Pentagon accuses Iran of shooting missiles at U.S. drones

Brasil Notícia Notícia

Pentagon accuses Iran of shooting missiles at U.S. drones
Brasil Últimas Notícias,Brasil Manchetes
  • 📰 latimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 82%

The Pentagon on Sunday accused Iran of shooting a missile at a U.S. drone on June 13 as the unmanned surveillance aircraft was flying near one of two crippled tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

The Pentagon also said Iranian-backed Houthi rebels shot down a high-flying U.S. Reaper drone in Yemen on June 6. He blamed unspecified “Iranian assistance” for the successful attack.

Lt. Col. Earl Brown, a spokesman for U.S. Central Command, said a U.S. intelligence assessment had concluded that “a modified Iranian SA-7 surface-to-air missile attempted to shoot down a U.S. MQ-9 [drone] over the Gulf of Oman to disrupt surveillance” of the crippled tanker. Tensions flared last week after the Trump administration blamed Iran for what it said were coordinated attacks on a pair of tankers, owned by companies in Japan and Norway, in international waters.

In the second incident, Brown said a U.S. MQ-9 Reaper was shot down over Yemen “by what we assess to be a Houthi SA-6 surface-to-air missile.”

Resumimos esta notícia para que você possa lê-la rapidamente. Se você se interessou pela notícia, pode ler o texto completo aqui. Consulte Mais informação:

latimes /  🏆 11. in US

Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes

Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.

Iran attempted to shoot down US drone over tanker attack site in Gulf of OmanIran attempted to shoot down US drone over tanker attack site in Gulf of OmanIran attempted to shoot down a U.S. drone that was surveilling the attack on one of two tankers hit in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday morning, U.S. Central Command said.
Consulte Mais informação »

UAE foreign minister says Iran fingerprints clear on oil tanker attacks - Arabiya TVUAE foreign minister says Iran fingerprints clear on oil tanker attacks - Arabiya TVUAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahya said Iran's fingerp...
Consulte Mais informação »

UAE foreign minister says Iran fingerprints clear on oil tanker attacks: Arabiya TVUAE foreign minister says Iran fingerprints clear on oil tanker attacks: Arabiya TVUAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahya said Iran's fingerp...
Consulte Mais informação »

Iran and U.S. crisis, Gulf attacks and 'maximum pressure' vs. 'maximum restraint' in the Middle EastIran and U.S. crisis, Gulf attacks and 'maximum pressure' vs. 'maximum restraint' in the Middle EastSecretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House national security adviser John Bolton 'have called for regime change in Iran' and may still want it.
Consulte Mais informação »

Trump’s Iran Accusations Put U.S. Credibility on the LineTrump’s Iran Accusations Put U.S. Credibility on the LinePerhaps Iran really did attack two oil tankers. But experts are skeptical, and if the administration is crying wolf there could be dire consequences.
Consulte Mais informação »

Britain 'almost certain' Iran was behind tanker attacks: foreign minister HuntBritain 'almost certain' Iran was behind tanker attacks: foreign minister HuntForeign minister Jeremy Hunt said on Sunday Britain is 'almost certain&quot...
Consulte Mais informação »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 13:51:49