Oscars to go without host for second year

Brasil Notícia Notícia

Oscars to go without host for second year
Brasil Últimas Notícias,Brasil Manchetes
  • 📰 YahooNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 42 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 59%

The Oscars will again go without a host next month, repeating a format credited with boosting ratings last year, US network ABC confirmed Wednesday. "Together with the Academy, we have decided there will be no traditional host, repeating for us what worked last year," ABC entertainment president

Los Angeles - The Oscars will again go without a host next month, repeating a format credited with boosting ratings last year, US network ABC confirmed Wednesday.

"Together with the Academy, we have decided there will be no traditional host, repeating for us what worked last year," ABC entertainment president Karey Burke told a television summit near Los Angeles, according to showbiz website Deadline Hollywood.An ABC spokeswoman confirmed the report to AFP. Last year, the Oscars decided to go without a host -- the first time in three decades -- after their original choice Kevin Hart pulled out when old homophobic tweets of his resurfaced.

In the end the event was considered a success and the show enjoyed a year-on-year increase in ratings.The previous time the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences tried it, one of the most infamous moments in Oscars history was born: an awkward song-and-dance number featuring actor Rob Lowe and... Snow White.

Resumimos esta notícia para que você possa lê-la rapidamente. Se você se interessou pela notícia, pode ler o texto completo aqui. Consulte Mais informação:

YahooNews /  🏆 380. in US

Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes

Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.

Oscars to Go Without Host Again, ABC Boss Karey Burke SaysOscars to Go Without Host Again, ABC Boss Karey Burke SaysThe Oscars are once again going to go without a host. Karey Burke, the head of ABC Entertainment, confirmed that the upcoming film awards show will have “no traditional host” during her…
Consulte Mais informação »

The 2020 Oscars Will Be Hostless AgainThe 2020 Oscars Will Be Hostless Again“A lot of incredible elements have come together that make us think we are going to have a very entertaining show again,” says ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke
Consulte Mais informação »

The Oscars Will Skip the Whole To-Do and Just Go Hostless Once AgainThe Oscars Will Skip the Whole To-Do and Just Go Hostless Once AgainThe Oscars have decided to skip any potential for drama similar to last year's and just go hostless
Consulte Mais informação »

Oscars: How Anna Paquin, Margot Robbie and More Actresses Said So Much With So Little DialogueOscars: How Anna Paquin, Margot Robbie and More Actresses Said So Much With So Little DialogueThese female performers made the most of their screen time — despite having very few lines — when it came to their roles in films like 'The Irishman' and 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.'
Consulte Mais informação »

Parasite, Joker Land Writers Guild Awards Nominations Ahead of OscarsParasite, Joker Land Writers Guild Awards Nominations Ahead of OscarsQuentin Tarantino was, again, not included in the nominations because of a long-held feud with the writers guild.
Consulte Mais informação »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 03:13:23