Nuclear power alert 'sent in error,' Canadian utility company says

Brasil Notícia Notícia

Nuclear power alert 'sent in error,' Canadian utility company says
Brasil Últimas Notícias,Brasil Manchetes
  • 📰 ABC
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 36 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 18%
  • Publisher: 51%

The 'emergency bulletin' was sent to residents in the province of Ontario on Sunday morning describing an 'incident' that occurred at the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station.

The"emergency bulletin" was sent to residents in the province of Ontario on Sunday morning describing an"incident" that occurred at the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station but stated there was no abnormal release of radioactivity."There is no danger to the public or the environment," officials wrote on Twitter.

An emergency alert issued by the Canadian province of Ontario reporting an unspecified "incident"€ at a nuclear plant is shown on a smartphone, Jan. 12, 2020. Ontario Power Generation later sent a message saying the alert "was sent in error."Ontario government Solicitor General Sylvia Jones said in a statement that there was"no incident" and that a public notification should not have been triggered.

An emergency alert issued by the Canadian province of Ontario reporting an unspecified "incident"€ at a nuclear plant is shown on a smartphone, Jan. 12, 2020. Ontario Power Generation later sent a message saying the alert "was sent in error."

Resumimos esta notícia para que você possa lê-la rapidamente. Se você se interessou pela notícia, pode ler o texto completo aqui. Consulte Mais informação:

ABC /  🏆 471. in US

Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes

Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.

Warning of nuclear power incident in Canada was 'sent in error'Warning of nuclear power incident in Canada was 'sent in error'The Canadian province of Ontario sent an alert reporting an unspecified “incident” at a nuclear plant just east of Toronto on Sunday — only to later report the message was sent in error.
Consulte Mais informação »

Accidental emergency nuclear alert sent to phones terrifies Canadians - InsiderAccidental emergency nuclear alert sent to phones terrifies Canadians - InsiderA notification sent to phones warned that people within 10 kilometers of the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station should be alert about an 'incident.'
Consulte Mais informação »

Canadian province retracts alert of nuclear power incidentCanadian province retracts alert of nuclear power incidentPeople throughout the Canadian province of Ontario awoke Sunday to an alarming alert of an “incident” at a nuclear plant just east of Toronto — only to later be told the message was a mistake.
Consulte Mais informação »

Canada province says sorry after training mistake sparks false nuclear alertCanada province says sorry after training mistake sparks false nuclear alertThe Canadian province of Ontario on Sunday apologized for wrongly raising the al...
Consulte Mais informação »

Saudi Arabia's ACWA Power plans $10 billion of investments in 2020: CEOSaudi Arabia's ACWA Power plans $10 billion of investments in 2020: CEOSaudi Arabian utility developer ACWA Power is planning to invest about $10 billi...
Consulte Mais informação »

Canadian province retracts warning of nuclear power incidentCanadian province retracts warning of nuclear power incidentThe government of Ontario sent an alert to residents' cellphones reporting an unspecified 'incident' at a nuclear power plant near Toronto on Sunday morning. More than an hour later it said the message had been sent in error.
Consulte Mais informação »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 11:12:11