'My days are dark here.' Migrants trapped in Libya face deadly choices on land and at sea.
"I fled from the war, to come to this hell of Libya," said one teenager from sub-Saharan Africa who suffered minor injuries in Tuesday night's airstrike near Tripoli."My days are dark here."
On Thursday, the Italian humanitarian group Mediterranea Saving Humans said one of its sailboats has rescued another 54 migrants about 65 nautical miles north of Libya. The wounded teenager said he labored without pay for eight months in the workshop adjacent to a hangar housing dozens of migrants and weapons.
The decision to store weapons at the facility may have made it a target for the self-styled Libyan National Army, which is at war with the weak, U.N.-recognized government in the capital., says it targeted a nearby militia position and denies striking the hangar where the migrants were being held. U.N. human rights chief Michelle Bachelet said the attack might amount to a war crime.
Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes
Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.
Migrants say Libya militias conscripted them to clean armsCAIRO (AP) — Migrants who survived the deadly airstrike on a Libyan detention center said Thursday they had been conscripted by a local militia to work in an adjacent weapons workshop. The...
Consulte Mais informação »
The Latest: Boat with 86 migrants capsizes off TunisiaA boat carrying 86 migrants from Libya sank in the Mediterranean overnight and only three people on board survived. The deadly shipwreck came a day after an airstrike on a Libyan detention center killed at least 44 migrants.
Consulte Mais informação »
Putin warns that militants are flowing into Libya from Syria's IdlibRussian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday he was worried that militants ...
Consulte Mais informação »
UN Security Council fails to condemn attack on Libya migrant centreAt least 44 people were killed when the air strike blamed on commander Khalifa Haftar's forces hit the Tajoura detention centre late Tuesday and more than 130 were severely wounded, according to the UN.
Consulte Mais informação »
UN says Libyan guards reportedly shot at migrants fleeing air strikesThe death toll from the attack has risen to at least 53. A UN humanitarian report said there were two air strikes, not one as reported earlier, and that guards shot at migrants who were trying to run for their lives.
Consulte Mais informação »
Libya claims UAE bombed migrant center with US-made jetLibya's UN-backed government claims the United Arab Emirates used a US-made F-16 fighter jet in Wednesday's attack on a migrant detention center
Consulte Mais informação »