Man detained in David Ortiz's shooting is accused of being an accomplice to attempted murder

Brasil Notícia Notícia

Man detained in David Ortiz's shooting is accused of being an accomplice to attempted murder
Brasil Últimas Notícias,Brasil Manchetes
  • 📰 CNN
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 47 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 95%

A man detained following the shooting of David Ortiz in the Dominican Republic appeared in court on a charge of being an accomplice to the attempted murder of the former baseball player

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic A man detained following the shooting of Red Sox all-star David Ortiz in the Dominican Republic appeared in court late Tuesday on a charge of being an accomplice to the attempted murder of the former baseball player.

Eddy Vladimir Féliz Garcia was held by police in connection with the shooting of Ortiz at a nightclub Sunday night. Prosecutors asked that he be held in custody for a year of pre-trial detention. But defense attorney, Bunel Ramírez Merán, told CNN after the court hearing that he argued against his client being held on pre-trial detention, instead requesting the judge postpone the decision so defense lawyers could gather relevant evidence.

David Ortiz shot in the Dominican Republic 00:49Strides in his recovery Ortiz took his first steps on Tuesday afternoon after undergoing a second surgery to address his injuries.Earlier on Tuesday, Tiffany Ortiz said her husband was"stable, awake, and resting comfortably" in Mass General's intensive care unit,"where he is expected to remain for the next several days," according to a statement released by the Major League Baseball club.

Resumimos esta notícia para que você possa lê-la rapidamente. Se você se interessou pela notícia, pode ler o texto completo aqui. Consulte Mais informação:

CNN /  🏆 4. in US

Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes

Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.

Red Sox icon David Ortiz has second surgery in Boston after being shot in DRRed Sox icon David Ortiz has second surgery in Boston after being shot in DRRetired Red Sox icon David Ortiz underwent a second surgery at a Boston hospital for injuries suffered when he was shot in the back in the Dominican Republic.
Consulte Mais informação »

David Ortiz 'resting comfortably' after second surgery, his wife saidDavid Ortiz 'resting comfortably' after second surgery, his wife saidThe retired slugger known as 'Big Papi' was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital after he was shot and almost killed in his native Dominican Republic over the weekend.
Consulte Mais informação »

Baseball star David Ortiz awake in Boston after surgery for Dominican shootingBaseball star David Ortiz awake in Boston after surgery for Dominican shootingDavid Ortiz, the retired baseball star who played for the Boston Red Sox, was aw...
Consulte Mais informação »

A suspect in the shooting of Red Sox legend David Ortiz is in custodyA suspect in the shooting of Red Sox legend David Ortiz is in custodyA suspect in the shooting of Red Sox legend David Ortiz is in custody in the Dominican Republic, the prosecutor’s spokesman says
Consulte Mais informação »

Former Red Sox slugger David Ortiz shot in ambush attackFormer Red Sox slugger David Ortiz shot in ambush attackFormer Red Sox slugger David Ortiz shot at close to point-blank range in ambush in Dominican Republic
Consulte Mais informação »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 13:46:02