Fans at the Qatar World Cup could have rainbow flags taken off them to 'protect them' from being attacked for promoting LGBTQ+ rights.
However, that has now been brought into question, with Major General Abdulaziz Abdullah Al Ansari claiming that they could be removed to 'protect fans.'
"If he [a fan] raised the rainbow flag and I took it from him, it’s not because I really want to, really, take it, to really insult him, but to protect him," Al Ansari is quoted as saying by AP."I cannot guarantee the behavior of the whole people. And I will tell him,'Please, no need to really raise that flag at this point.
"Watch the game. That's good. But don't really come in and insult the whole society because of this.", Al Ansari said,"Reserve the room together, sleep together - this is something that's not in our concern."We are here to manage the tournament. Let's not go beyond, the individual personal things which might be happening between these people... this is actually the concept.Last summerfor their Euro 2020 match with Hungary, in the group stages.
There had been a law change in Hungary just weeks before which banned the dissemination of content in schools which are deemed to promote homosexuality and the topic of gender change.UEFA did allow sponsors in the grounds to include the rainbow flag on the hoardings however.
Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes
Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.
England to face Wales, Scotland or Ukraine in Qatar World CupEngland will take on USA, Iran and one of Scotland, Wales or Ukraine in the first Qatar World Cup matches
Consulte Mais informação »
Concerns raised over possible risk for LGBTQ+ people at Qatar World CupMeasures to ensure the safety of LGBTQ+ people in Qatar remain inadequate with less than eight months to go to the World Cup, groups supporting the community have said
Consulte Mais informação »
Qatar World Cup chief hits out at Southgate over human rights remarksAccusations concerning the treatment of migrant workers and a poor record of human rights have plagued the Gulf state of Qatar since it was controversially awarded the finals in 2010.
Consulte Mais informação »
Qatar World Cup chief bites back after criticism from Norwegian FADispute over the legacy of staging the men’s World Cup in Qatar broke out on the floor of the Fifa Congress on Thursday
Consulte Mais informação »
World Cup 2022: How has Qatar treated stadium workers?Qatar has used thousands of foreign workers to build its World Cup facilities. Many may have died.
Consulte Mais informação »