Divers recover bodies of all but one of 34 victims of California boat blaze

Brasil Notícia Notícia

Divers recover bodies of all but one of 34 victims of California boat blaze
Brasil Últimas Notícias,Brasil Manchetes
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 31 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 97%

Bodies of all but one victim of California boat blaze recovered: official

- Divers have recovered the bodies of all but one of the 34 people who were killed when the dive boat they were sleeping in erupted into flames early this week off Santa Cruz Island, California, officials said on Wednesday.

A family of five, a teacher and his daughter, and a diving instructor and marine biologist were among those believed to have perished in the incident, according to social media posts. The investigators will collect all perishable evidence while on scene for at least a week, she said, but the Conception will remain on the ocean floor until a site survey is completed.

Popi Heron, a 54-year-old finance professional from the San Francisco Bay area, had met them earlier this summer during a dive boat trip in the South Pacific and they had hit it off instantly, she said in a phone interview.

Resumimos esta notícia para que você possa lê-la rapidamente. Se você se interessou pela notícia, pode ler o texto completo aqui. Consulte Mais informação:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes

Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.

Search called off for 34 presumed dead in fire on diving boat off Southern CaliforniaSearch called off for 34 presumed dead in fire on diving boat off Southern CaliforniaThe 75-foot vessel called the Conception was carrying 33 passengers and 6 crew when it went up in flames at about 3:30 a.m. on Monday, officials said.
Consulte Mais informação »

Divers recover 20 bodies from California boat fireDivers recover 20 bodies from California boat fireDivers recovered the bodies of 20 of 34 people believed to have been killed afte...
Consulte Mais informação »

Officials: 34 presumed dead after fire on scuba diving boatOfficials: 34 presumed dead after fire on scuba diving boatNo one likely escaped the flames that tore through a boat packed with scuba divers, with all 34 people sleeping below deck presumed dead during a Labor Day weekend expedition off the Southern California coast, authorities said Tuesday as they called off the search for survivors. Santa Barbara County
Consulte Mais informação »

Divers recover 20 bodies from California boat fireDivers recover 20 bodies from California boat fireDivers recovered the bodies of 20 of 34 people believed to have been killed afte...
Consulte Mais informação »

Bodies of 33 victims of California diving boat fire recovered, one still missingBodies of 33 victims of California diving boat fire recovered, one still missingThe bodies of 33 people who died in a diving boat fire off the coast of Southern California have been recovered, leaving only one still missing.
Consulte Mais informação »



Render Time: 2025-04-07 02:26:53