Afraid of Missing the Next School Shooter, One Prosecutor Charged 216 Kids. Now He’s Rethinking.

Brasil Notícia Notícia

Afraid of Missing the Next School Shooter, One Prosecutor Charged 216 Kids. Now He’s Rethinking.
Brasil Últimas Notícias,Brasil Manchetes
  • 📰 WSJ
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 18 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 63%

In an effort to stop school shootings, some prosecutors are trying less harsh policies

HOUSTON—In the tense aftermath of last year’s massacre in Parkland, Fla., prosecutors around the country vowed to go after any student who made threats against schools, hoping to keep their communities from suffering a similar fate.

Now, some are moving away from the zero-tolerance approach, saying they want to avoid overcharging students in school threat cases that don’t turn out to be serious.Since 1998, there have been more than a dozen shootings at kindergarten, elementary, middle and high schools that resulted in multiple deaths. These are some of the victims.

Resumimos esta notícia para que você possa lê-la rapidamente. Se você se interessou pela notícia, pode ler o texto completo aqui. Consulte Mais informação:

WSJ /  🏆 98. in US

Brasil Últimas Notícias, Brasil Manchetes

Similar News:Você também pode ler notícias semelhantes a esta que coletamos de outras fontes de notícias.

Afraid to fly? These tips will help you get on a plane and actually enjoy itAfraid to fly? These tips will help you get on a plane and actually enjoy itAfraid of flying? We've got your back: These helpful tips will help you get on a plane and actually enjoy yourself.
Consulte Mais informação »

The Persistence To Wear Pants: How Katharine Hepburn Commanded Independence With FashionThe Persistence To Wear Pants: How Katharine Hepburn Commanded Independence With Fashion“I’ve just done what I damn well wanted to and I made enough money to support myself, and I ain’t afraid of being alone.” -Katharine Hepburn
Consulte Mais informação »

Chris Paul Encourages Local Youths To Stay Out Of Foul TroubleChris Paul Encourages Local Youths To Stay Out Of Foul TroubleLOS ANGELES—Telling them that a first-quarter illegal use of hands is something that will stick with them for the rest of their game, Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul reportedly spent Wednesday afternoon encouraging an assembly of students at Waterloo Elementary School to stay out of foul trouble. “I used to get in foul trouble a lot as a kid, and I don’t want to see that happen to you guys,” said the seven-time All-Star, adding that the fourth- and fifth-graders need to consider the consequences before attempting to take a charge when they already have three fouls on the books or senselessly risking a reach-in while trying to steal the ball. “You need to play with discipline on defense, and try not to hang around places like the low block. Most importantly, don’t ever be afraid to sub out. There’s no shame in asking for a sub.” According to sources, Paul also told the children to call a timeout and speak to their coach if a full-court press is ever making them feel trapped.
Consulte Mais informação »

Accused killer of missing student tried to pick up another woman: ProsecutorsAccused killer of missing student tried to pick up another woman: ProsecutorsProsecutors argued Tuesday that accused killer Brendt Christensen tried to pick up another young scholar at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign hours before Yingying Zhang, a 26-year-old Chinese student visiting the university, went missing.
Consulte Mais informação »

Dutch prosecutors charge 4 in shooting down of flight MH17Dutch prosecutors charge 4 in shooting down of flight MH17JUST IN: Dutch prosecutors charge four pro-Russian separatist commanders in shooting down of flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine.
Consulte Mais informação »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 17:15:10